10/07/2014

Oct. 7th

Saw a Flock today. It’s been almost a year since I’ve seen one; last one was up in Pennsylvania. To be honest, I thought they’d died out after last winter; looks like I was wrong. They’re as vicious as ever, too; I got lucky and managed to keep out of their line of sight.

The black lab chained outside someone’s house… wasn’t as lucky.

By the time the Flock was done, they’d stripped the lab down to its bones. I lost my lunch a few moments later.

People wonder why I tell them to stay inside their homes, at least when one of Them is around. If They really want you, a house sure as hell won’t keep them away. But at least you won’t unintentionally stand in Their way. Same goes for pets – keep them inside, if you can. Learned that one the hard way.

Starting to head west, towards Texas. I figure at the rate I’m travelling, I could be there in a few weeks. Only thing is, I’ll have to find a way over the Mississippi tomorrow. Not looking forward to that one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment