10/18/2014

Oct. 18th

Decided I’d make an inventory check after recovering some supplies from the other Runners’ boat. Most of it was useless, but there was some stuff that I’d been running low on or otherwise needed.

Recovered from boat:
-          A worn-down gas mask (slight crack in the right lens)
-          Two bottles of painkillers, one half-full
-          Three bandages
-          An inhaler
-          A composition notebook (floral design)
-          One flashlight (batteries low)
-          Small pocket radio (needs batteries)
-          A pair of tattered jeans
-          A dark-brown winter coat
-          A hiking backpack (good condition)
-          Three cans of food
-          A CD player (good condition, ¾ battery remaining)

In my backpack:
-          Hunting knife (decent condition)
-          Four cans of food
-          Small box of energy bars
-          First-Aid Kit
-          Revolver (full)
-          Small box of ammo (seven bullets)
-          Sleeping bag
-          Bundle of rope
-          Roadmap of the U.S.
-          Leatherbound journal

I’d been needing a new backpack for some time, so the new one is a Godsend. I was also excited about seeing a CD player- hadn’t listened to music in ages. Sat down and listened to the disc inside that’s labeled “random stuff”. First thing that came up was Aerosmith’s “Dream On”. I’ll need to conserve the battery just in case I’ll need them later, but it was nice to hear something musically inclined.

Before I go to bed tonight, I’m going to read some more of that composition notebook. From the looks of it, it was a girl’s diary. Who knows, maybe it’ll give me an idea of what to expect out West.

No comments:

Post a Comment