10/17/2014

Oct. 17th

The nightmare’s had me thinking all day that maybe I was wrong. Maybe I should’ve kept up the search for Him. It’s too late now, I suppose; getting across the Mississippi is a bit harder from this side. There’s a chance, however slim, that He may have jumped on this side. If He did, the odds of me catching up to Him are even slimmer.

It’s hard to believe that it’s been three years since I started out after Him. Even harder to believe that when I did, the world was still somewhat normal. I suppose the irony is that if the man in gray hadn’t shown up in my life, hadn’t taken Moira away from me… I’d have been dead as soon as They took over.

That seems even farther away, honestly. It feels like They’ve always been in power. In a way, I guess They have always been in control, but They were like Him – always in the background, never making obvious appearances. Something must have happened that made Them start grabbing at positions of power. Either that, or… this was all inevitable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment