10/18/2014

Janie's Journal, Part II

Oct. 9th?

Dear Hanna,
Dad took my journal away yesterday. He said I was spending too much time writing, that it was what was making me worse. I do feel a little worse, too! I feel really weak, especially after sleeping. He said that I couldn’t talk to you anymore, that it might be what was wrong with me. I think that’s ridiculous, but I told him I wouldn’t. You’re my only friend out here, though! Mr. and Mrs. Kroft don’t talk to me, and Dad’s always tired. What should I do?

Dear Janie,
You should follow your father’s wishes if you believe he’s right. He is your parent, after all, and it’s best to respect his wishes. And it’s not like I’m going away, Janie - You know I’ll always be with you.

Oct. 10th?

Get the hell out of my daughter. Whatever the hell you are, just stay away from her.

Oct. 11th?

Please don’t hurt her. God. I’ll do anything.

Oct. 12th?

Dear Hanna,
Dad says you talked to him last night, and that you convinced him that I could continue talking to you. I don’t know how you did it, but thank you! I don’t know what I’d do without you!
And we’re almost at the Mississippi now! Yay. :D Mr. Kroft says he’s going to get a boat.

Dear Janie,
You’re welcome, my child. Like I said, I’ll always be with you. To the very end.

Oct. 13th?
I’m not allowing my daughter to become your goddamn slave. Anything’s better for her than that. Tonight, it ends. Anything to make sure she doesn’t end up like so many others. I won’t let her belong to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment